Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bubble Bag




































My first felting project - everyone loves it, everyone wants one, and it was super easy to make. It's published in the Interweave Crochet Winter 2009 Issue and the author is Tracy St. John. She made a really easy pattern to follow so thank you Tracy!! I altered the colors a bit - went for a more bright base color (Current from Pattons Classic Wool) and used 4 dot colors instead of 3 because I fell in love with the New Denim blue color from Pattons Classic Wool. (Oh, and they were on sale....duh!)

Here are the colors I used - one of each dot motif:



















Here is the layout using 4 colors instead of 3 - this ensures the dots are aligned with each other:

















Here is the bag pre-felting:





























And then just after felting it's drying on some towels and it's stuffed with a roll of paper towels scrunched up to give it shape:





























I'm very happy with the results - and will attempt to make a mini version of this bag for my 2 year old. She likes to stuff mine with her toys and tote it around the house. This bag took me 2 days to make, will definitely consider this for Christmas presents next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment